Monday, September 12, 2011

West Caribbean Cruise - Toronto To Orlando (Blog 1 of 11)

Just came back from the cruise and I'm exhausted!!  Yet, it was fun and I really enjoyed my 8 days 7 nights vacation.  It's the Royal Caribbean Cruise line that I've selected and the ship is called Freedom of The Seas.  It embarked at Port Canaveral and there were 4 ports of calls: Labadee, Falmouth, Grand Cayman and Cozumel.  I've took over 1000 pictures these days and my blog of this week will all be about cruise.  Enjoy!  =)

 My husband and I woke up at 3am, taking the earliest GO transit to the airport and catch the 6:45am flight to Cleveland on the departure day.

 Can't believe the departure gate is that small....

 ....And this is the plane...

 Dawn.

 My plane has left the gate and on it's way taxiing to the runway.

 Here is the runway.

 Bye Toronto!!  >=P

 It was a cloudy morning.

 Our plane was in between two layers of clouds.

 The plane was still ascending...


 Above those thick clouds, I can see the blue sky now!!  =)

 Guess what this is!!  A small airport!  =)

 In less than an hour, I've arrived Cleveland.  Wow!!  The plane has ascended for 20 minutes and then descended for 20 minutes, done!

 Something interesting found in this Cleveland Airport.

 ...A friggin long walk in the terminal...

 Our cruise disembark at 4:30pm and I thought I won't have a chance to eat before that, so we roughly ate something in the airport.

 After walking around the food court for 3 times, we've decided to try this Cheeburger Cheeburger fast food place.

 Holy smoke!!  After a long 20 minutes wait, here is our food!!  I like to eat but I will never expect myself eating such a heavy meal at 8am!!

 Here is their special fries.  It looks good but tasted gross...

 Here is my meal:  turkey burger combo.

 This meal has included something I don't eat:  stuffed olive!!  Yikes~~

 This is my husband's burger:  serious 10oz burger!

 That piece of turkey meat was juicy but the burger itself was cold and soggy.  No good!

 Honestly, this burger didn't taste good either!!  The one I had at back in June outside my 'previous' office tasted 100 times better than this!!

 Paying over $20 to eat this crap is BS!!  What a rip off!!

 I've boarded my plane from Cleveland to Orlando, just waiting for these luggage to be loaded.

 Woohoo~~  Taxiing to the runway~~

 Here is the runway.

 Bye Cleveland!!

 Here is a shot of the residential houses.

 It takes approx. 2 hours flying from Cleveland to Orlando I guess.


 Here is a shot of the clouds...  I was kinda boring on the plane and I didn't wanna sleep...

 Look look look!!  See that grey jet line?!  I wonder what that was!!  It was a white spot and it flew by so fast!!  Hum....it wouldn't be UFO...'coz they don't leave jet lines behind I guess?!

 Once you see these circle ponds, you know you are in Florida!!

 Florida has a lot of these ponds and lakes!!  How nice!

 Swamps everywhere too!!

 Here is another picture from above.

 The plane has landed Orlando!  Yay!!

 Kinda boring in the airport waiting for the Royal Caribbean people to drive us from the airport to the port.

 A nice 45 minutes ride from the airport to the port.

Port Canaveral - getting close!  =)

 This is the ship I'm cruising with - Freedom of The Seas.

 The Disney ship is right next to Freedom!  Look how pretty the ship is!

 Getting on board!  Woohoo!  The ship is huge!!

This is my stateroom.  No ocean view but who cares, just sleeping over anyway.

 This is the other part of the room.  Right to the mirror is the bathroom.

 There are 14 floors on this ship and I'm on the 12th floor here facing a pool.

 There are 3 ships at the port that day.  One is ours Freedom of The Seas from Royal Caribbean; one is from the Carnival and this one is a Disney ship.

 Another view from the ship on the 12th floor.  This is more like Royal Caribbean's terminal.

 Carnival is leaving the port!!

It was honking all the time on it's way out!!

 Bye!!

 Nothing much here but just testing my camera!  =P

 16:9 + zoomed!!

Carnival has sailed to the open ocean.

 We were the next to leave the port.  See how nice the view is!!  Endless white sand, nice weather, swimming in the 'ocean'...why am I stuck in Toronto!!  Ack!!


 We've set sailed to the open ocean too!  =)

 Looking back at the shore.

 There were different kinds of celebrations once the ship has sailed.

 Dancing with this Madagascar cartoon character is one of the highlights.

 Here is another cartoon character.

**This is the end of Day 1.  I will be posting more pictures tomorrow.

1 comment: