Tuesday, September 20, 2011

West Caribbean Cruise - Dinner @ Windjammer (Blog 9 of 11)

Windjammer is a 'must visit' place for me after my dinner at the main dining hall.  Whatever items they offered in the menu from the main dining, you can mostly find the same thing in Windjammer (except some expensive dish like lobster tails).  Windjammer also has more variety of dish and desserts to choose from.  You may see some standard dishes in this cafe everyday, but there are always new dishes that surprise you daily!! 

 My all time favorite Windjammer is located on the 11th deck of the ship.

 All cakes and desserts are nicely decorated.

 Chocolate mousse I think.

 Cold dish

 Most of the desserts especially cakes are guaranteed taste good!!!!

 Fish skewer and sausage.  These are one of the standard items in Windjammer that I see everyday.

 Very nice carving found on the watermelon.  They change these carvings once every two days or so.

 Bread section.  Some of the breads provided here are not served in the main dining hall.

 My favorite smoke salmon~~  Mmmm......

 Assorted salad that only served here.

 Nice watermelon carving.  I wonder if they will reuse the watermelon afterwards....

 A closer shot at the bread.

 Nice decoration.

 Although sushi is one of my favorite food, I wouldn't wanna eat it here...  Well, I've tried a few pieces though and they tasted not bad, at least they've mixed the rice with rice vinegar!  Impressive!

 These are the hot dishes which the items changes everyday.

 That's cute chicken carving...it's just I don't know how to set my camera to take pictures in the dark...

 Desserts~~

 Beef skewer.  Beef was a bit dry and there should be a dipping sauce that comes with it...

 I think this is the butter chicken.

 Steaks and chicken breasts are almost a standard item in here too.  I've tried the steak, it's all well done..so it's hard and chewy...  I once saw an Afro lady taking 5 big pieces of steak in a time, she must be very hungry...

 Roasted duck, that's the same thing I ate in the main dining room and they have it here too!  It's just you have to do your own plating.  =)

Daily repeated items: fish skewer and sausage

 More desserts~~

 Create-your-own burger/hot dog section...  You can put everything in your burger!

 Fries, sausage and hamburger.

 I came here for my 2nd meal after dining at the main dining hall.

 This is my husband's plate.

 Don't dream...these desserts are not for us....they're for another eatery Portofino or something like that, which you have to pay when you dine there.

 Beef stroganoff...I had this in the main dining before...it's just like a stir fried beef in Chinese style.

 Steak day again.

 Some sort of berry cake dessert which I had in main dining as well.

 My husband's plate.

 Deep fried drum stick, something that I don't see often in Windjammer.

 Mousse dessert

 Watermelon carving.

 Salad.

 Items of the day.

 Yes....steaks again!

 Standard items: fish skewer and sausage.

 This dish looks good to you?!!  It's actually tofu!

 More desserts

 ...and sushi.

 .....That's the best quality of picture I can take in the dark with my Sony camera...

 Salad bar.

 This fish skewer tasted really good.  It has the crunchiness at the edge of the fish, it was flavored and the meat was soft.  It's more like a must eat item for me here.

 Forgot what this is but looks Asian...

 Here are the dishes of the day.

 Banana served in chocolate sauce.  I was gonna have it but I was too full.....

 Very nice presentation and the cake tasted good too!!  Look at the strawberry, they did a carving on it!

 Dessert menu changes everyday, so if you missed today's dessert, you won't have a chance to taste it anymore.

 Salad of the day I think.  Red onion + beet + tangerine....an odd combination but tasted not bad.

 Creamed wild mushroom in puff pastry.  Well, you take 2 puff pastries and place the mushroom within.  Honestly, I wouldn't know what to do with these if I haven't had it in the main dining hall.

 This might be some sort of Indian food in another section....I forgot.  Chef cooks really good Indian food here, I guess that's because there are quite a lot of Indians working on the ship.  It's really nice that we can taste different kinds of food from around the world.

 Best of the best pasta~~~~  It looks very ordinary but it tasted sooooo gooooooood!!!!  =D

 Peach custard pie.

 Different kinds of pizza~

 They have Mexican food too!!  Chicken wrapped tortillas.  Not bad actually, but I was so full and I can't eat anymore...

 My husband's plate.  He said the rice was good...it looks ordinary but it has mixed with something(which I don't know what...).

 Windjammer is another place where I can see sunset while dining.

 They had something new today:  prosciutto wrapped with melon.  The meat was good but the melon wasn't fresh enough...

 Chocolate decor made from bubble wrap.  Well, this piece of chocolate looks good but didn't taste good...

 A closer shot of the prosciutto-melon wrapped.

 Eat-'til-you-puke: smoked salmon!!  I almost had this everyday...breakfast, lunch and dinner...

 Here is a glance at Windjammer's buffet bar.  Hot dishes section, they have 6-7 hot dish sections.

 Dessert section, which I think they have 3-4 of these sections there.


 2 or 3 of these burger sections.


4 Cold drink sections

 3 of these soup sections maybe?!

 Cheese section.



 New item.  It's a fish wrap I think.


 Getting tired of these pictures yet?!  =)


 Roasted beef was too dry and the steak was over cooked but okay.

 I'm surprise that they have cocktail shrimps tonight!!  Yet, it was gone in a short time and there wasn't anymore refill.  I was lucky to grab a few before they're all gone.

 Another day with a nice sunset.  That's Carnival sailing with us.

This type of pasta didn't taste good...it was kinda hard and wasn't thoroughly cooked.  Only penne taste good here.

 Some sort of Chinese chow mien...

 That's the key lime pie in the middle and on the right is a black forest.


 Shrimp salad.

 Mmm.....jumbo shrimps!!  Guess what?!  These jumbo shrimps were only placed at the surface of the salad for decoration...and there were only a few of them...  I went to grab a plate and came back for these shrimps, only 2 left!!

 More dessert.

 Best ever black forest cake I've ever had!!  Cake was extremely moist, not very sweet, there weren't a lot of cream and those cherries matches very well with the cake!!  This cake gone fast!!


 Mixed fruits.

 Another type of pasta which I didn't really eat 'coz they were not penne and it's in a white sauce...

 Turkey Do-Re-Mi!  Stuffed turkey, turkey dark meat and turkey breast!

 I had the turkey dark meat.  It was kinda dry and hard...  Sushi was okay here...better than nothing!  =)


 Not sure if this is the best-ever black forest cake or not 'coz it's missing the cherry on top!  LOL!


 My last sunset on the cruise before disembarkment.

 Here is Miami.  We were getting close to Port Canaveral.

2 comments:

  1. Musandam Dibba tour is a unique and nice experience, you must do it at least for once in your life. The natural beauty of Musandam Dibba is has always been a source of attracting people from all over the world Dhow Cruise Dinner

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel strongly about it and love reading more on this topic. If possible, as you become expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more details about Dhow Cruise Dinner

    ReplyDelete