Monday, September 26, 2011

Orlando, Florida

After enjoying my West Caribbean cruise two weeks ago, here I come again Orlando!!  I found a pretty good deal on the Internet:  for $197 you get 7 days car rental from Hertz, hotel stay and air tickets!!  Of course you will need to pay tax on top of it.  =)  Orlando was hot!!  Damned hot!!  There are a lot of things to do/see in Orlando and for sure 1 week is not enough to do everything in this beautiful city.

 My flight going directly to Orlando, 6:45am...

 Dawn

 More shot of the Pearson Airport before we took off.

 Sunrise, nice to see it from the plane!  =)

 The place where I live can only see sunset, and now I'm seeing sunrise!  Woohoo~~

 We've just took off from the airport here.

 Crossing Lake Ontario I guess.

 This is the other side of Lake Ontario I guess.


 OKay, the sun is too bright now...

 Look at the clouds, they're so amazing!

 See those reflections?!  They're ponds and lakes.  I'm in Florida now!

 There were 4 layers of clouds!!


 Prepared landing~~

 Here is our rental car from Hertz.  Full size 2011 Nissan Altima with a NY license plate...

 Interstate freeway, we use this quite frequent to travel between Orlando and Kissimmee.

 Local street view.

 It's so hot here in Orlando!!!  We have over 90°F every single day...gosh...

We have thunderstorms everyday too!!  Cloud accumulates in the morning and forms into cumulonimbus in the afternoon....  Yet, the thunderstorm only last for 10~15 mins that's it.

 This is where I stay, forgot the name of the hotel but it has the word 'Lakeside Maingate' in it.  Here is the lobby.


 More shots of my motel.

 They have mini golf course here...

 ...And a nice swimming pool.

A very nice pond right beside my motel.

 However....here is my room...  Ack...drain was clogged, carpet was nasty, water was stinks...  No good!

 Orlando has a lot of attractions and this is one of them.  I guess this is the Ripley museum, but I didn't go.

 These are gift shops!!  Hard to believe huh!

 Signs of State roads.

 There are a lot of gift shops around town!

 And these gift shops are huge!!

 They do all their best to attract and get your attention!!  You won't find gift shops like these in Toronto!

 This is not a gift shop though, it's a restaurant!!  All you can eat lobster & seafood restaurant!!

 Titanic museum.

 Another gift shop.

 This one looks repeated but they have several of these (same shop) on one street!!!

 Chopper ride, $20 to start with they advertised!  Cheaper than riding the same thing in CNE!!

 Old Town, a place where you can find a lot of shops and midways but too bad we didn't have time to drop by.

 Gift shop and tourist info center.

 Here is another gift shop...


 This one looks so cool and it's huge too!  It turns green at night and draw everyone's attention when people drive by!

Mini golf + Cici's Pizza!!  It's all you can eat pizza, pasta & salad for a price of just $5.99!!  With coupon it's pay 1 and the 2nd person eats free!!  Too bad my husband dislike eating pizza so we didn't go here...

2 comments:

  1. Hello!

    Mind sharing how you got/ found this sweet deal - $197 to Orlando?

    Much thanks in advance!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure~ I found the deal from Searstravel.ca. They've now reduced the price to $97 for 1 week, Air, Htl. & Car!! =)

    ReplyDelete