Friday, September 16, 2011

West Caribbean Cruise - Luncheon (Blog 5 of 11)

There are several locations where you can get complementary food on the ship.  One of the place is of course the main dining hall and the other place is Windjammer.  The inconvenient part of the main dining is that they only open when the ship is at sea, so whenever the ship is docked, the main dining will be closed and we will either need to eat at Windjammer or somewhere local.


These pictures below are from the main dining.  The ship was at sea for only 2 days so we only had lunch at the main dining for 2 times.


 You can order from their menu as well as grabbing the salad from their salad bar.

 Nice salad huh?!  The server prepared your salad in front of you.  You pick the greens, salad dressing and garnish like cheese & croutons that you want, then the server will crunch the greens (with a pizza cutter) and mix everything together.  Afterwards, you select the toppings like grill chicken, prosciutto, shrimps...etc and that's it!  =)

 Catch of the day:  this is a pan fried catfish served with some greens, mashed potato and fried onions.  I cannot believe a catfish can be tasted this great!!!  And I can't believe this is a catfish too!!  Yum!!

 I forgot what this is, but this is something my husband has ordered.  It's some sort of grilled meat served with pita?!  Well, the bread was extremely dry and this dish didn't taste good at all!

 My dessert of the day:  pastry peach thing served with ice-cream.  Pastry and the ice-cream was okay but not the peach.  That peach was hard and it's not even riped!

 Lunch menu part 1

 Lunch menu part 2

 I've requested a table of 2 so that no one can disturb us.  Once we've sat down, the server served us with a tray of breads, that white bowl contains some crunched olive.  We we didn't eat any of these bread 'coz we were half full before we even started the lunch.

 Assorted toppings that you can put together with your salad.

 Here are some toppings that you can put to your salad: feta cheese, cocktail shrimps, sun dried tomato, prosciutto, grilled chicken, grilled egg plants...etc.

 This is my yummy yummy salad!  I wish I can have this every day!  =)

 Tandoori lamb skewer.  My husband thinks this is good but to me the lamb was a bit dry.  They serve really authentic Indian food on the ship 'coz there are a lot of Indian chef on the ship.  =)

 Beef carpaccio - the beef was too thin and I don't even know what I was eating...

 Those toppings on the beef were tasteless...

This ship seldom serve shrimps and I'm glad they served this at their salad section today!!

 Ginadula cake - this cake tasted oh-my-godingly good!!!  Chocolate was rich and the cake was moist!!  I wish I have this everyday too!!

Warm spiced rum cake - this cake was hard like a rock!!  Ice-cream was good but the cake was really no good!!  Eventhough I ate it with ice-cream, it's not helping...

Main dining is done and here are the pictures of the crazy eat-'till-you-puke Windjammer!
 There are 4 eatery located on the 11th floor:  Windjammer, Chops Grille, Portofino and Jade.  Of which Chops Grille and Portofino are not eat free and you have to pay.

 There is always an entertainer at the entrance welcoming us.

 Salad section.

 Hot food section.

 Another salad section.  Some items like these remain the same everyday...

 ...while some items change every day, like these Mexican food here.

 Dessert menu changes everyday too so we don't eat the same thing daily.

 Asian food section, these dishes change every day too.

 Sauce section!  Any sauce you want, you can find it here, mostly.

 They refill the items very quick so you will never run out of food to eat!

 This is the ice sculpture they've put at the entrance on the 1st day of the cruise.

 Assorted sandwiches!!  My favorite!!

 Assorted cold dishes.

 Salad barrrrr.........  All the way through!

 Dessert section on another day.  PS, look at the carving on the watermelon!!  That's so pretty!

 Assorted breads - eat 'til you drop!!

 They had a mini lunch on deck 5 the day before the disembarkment.  I didn't eat anything here 'coz we had to line up to get the food everywhere.  I just took some pictures and went up to the main dining, then to Windjammer.

 This is the Indian food section.  Food were good and they have their spiciness too!  Very authentic!!

 Mini desserts, which I didn't have a chance to try...too bad!

 OKay, back to Windjammer!    These are assorted cold dishes that change every day.

 Pizza is a 'must have' item in this eatery.

 Asian dishes, which these items changes every day.

 Another shot of the cold dishes.  PS, look at the carving on the watermelon!  These carving changes ones every 2 days too!

 Broiled meat!

 You see these every single day!!  Yum!

 Pizza again~~

 Side kicks

 PS, they have steaks here every single day too!!

 Desserts again!

 Pasta!!!  This chef, whoever he is (I think he is an Indian), cooks the best pasta I've ever tasted!!  That sauce served with the pasta was awesome too!!  Type of pasta changes almost daily!!  =)

 Forgot what this is....

 Thirst bar.  You can choose from cranberry juice, lemonade, ice-tea, water and tea/coffee.


 Sandwiches.  I think they change some of these sandwiches daily.


 Greens again.

 Chips!!!  These chips are in different color and they look so pretty!!

 My daily lunch view at Windjammer!

 My first meal on the cruise.  I boarded the ship at around 3pm and we went to have lunch at Windjammer immediately.
 That seems a lot of food huh?!  Pasta was the only repeated item I took here 'coz it really tasted soooo good!!!!!

 Ham wrap, I nearly missed it!!  LOL!!

 More pasta again!!  I took that drum stick 'coz my husband said it was good and I just gave it a try.

 My husband's dish.  He said the chicken tasted very good and he just kept eating it.

 Sandwich + dessert for me!  Yay~~

Here is another shot of my luncheon view at Windjammer.  You see those greenish thing floating at the sea surface?  Our server told us that those are algae, small fish hide underneath it and these things attract sharks...  Well, it make more sense if these algae attract marlin or tuna rather than sharks?!

No comments: