Friday, September 2, 2011

Let's Go To The Ex!! 2011

Canadian National Exhibition is one of the 'must go' event for my husband.  I brought two cameras and a spare Sony battery with me to CNE, knowing that my battery is low in both cameras and I can have a spare one as back up.  Sux..I must have gone too crazy in taking pictures and I've lost my Sony battery!!  Arg!!!  Well, I've tried my best to take as many pictures as possible though there were tones that I haven't had a chance to take... 

Getting close to the CNE site.

Here is the entrance.  It wasn't too packed today 'coz it was a week day.

I'm surprise that Pizza Pizza is serving fries now!!  Pizza + fries...that's too much carb!

Exhibit hall A...this is where I've lost my Sony battery...

This is not only a desk...it's a bed + desk.  It becomes a bed when you pull down the shelf from the top, and when you pull it up, it becomes a desk like shown.  Cost:  CDN $2,000!

Book section.

This booth is selling sheep skin, sheep products.

This thing is for kids...

Guess what this is?!!  A hat!!  =)

Booth selling Nepal products.

Very nice hand made tote bags.

Not sure of what this booth is selling exactly, picture frames I guess?!

These booths are selling plants.

They're selling pictures here.

One of the cute duck!

Once these marbles are soaked in water, they won't dry up easily...

2 kids just won these huge stuffed dolls!  =)

Guess what this is!!  This thing is for holding coins!

Mom love this booth!!  They sell Indian hand paint bags and stuff.

Mom's new purse.  Costing her $40 to get this!!  (PS, this is just a little bigger than a palm size.)

This booth is selling Persian carpets/area rugs.

They have lots of designs to choose from, and they are not cheap!

Some cooking show from Food Network I guess?!  Don't even know who she is...

CNE has an international section which allows vendors selling their home country's product.

I guess these are from Vietnam or Philippine...

Trendy earrings.

Imitated fruit, which they have different kinds of imitated fruits hanging at their booth.

Beautiful scarfs.

This booth is selling lights, so 'zen'!  LOL!

Colorful lamps.

Furniture from Egypt.

Sour apples.  I'm surprise the vendor only comes up with a few designs this year....

Taichi demo.

This looks like some sort of musical instrument from Africa.

Handcraft wood flower which has a very strong fragrance.

'Chin Lone' - national sport of Mayanmar.

** I've taken these pics w/ Fujifilm from this picture onwards...  My Sony camera was out of battery and I have lost my battery...

Here, is the dog show thing.  That dog was doing a zig-zag through those poles.

Frisbee time...

This dog was trying to catch a frisbee....see how fuzzy it is!!!  This Fujifilm was supposed to auto kicks in the motion mode....  See how it becomes!!

Another picture from the doggie show.

These dogs were playing a game here.  That border collie (2nd from the left) was the smartest dog in the show!

This dog was crazy!!

Crazy dog running through the tube.....in motion mode!!

This little pug cheated and didn't run through the tube!  =)

Sand sculpture.

Sand sculpture.

Of all these sand sculpture, I like this one the most.

Sand sculpture.  Man...I really hate the color of this Fujifilm camera....

Sand sculpture 'The Ghost'.

This one is call 'Blind Fold' or something.

Awarded Hosta.

Mom likes these Hosta.

Well, this is very....artistic...

Artistic fans, looks nice on the wall.

 This artist piles up stones above stones, I wonder how he does it.

Taking pictures outside a building in an open area seems fine...but not taking any pictures indoor...

 Spray paint art.

 Mini guitars.

 Neon signs.

 Some sort of decorations?!

 Vendor selling different kinds of stuff at CNE.

 Here is a closer shot.

 Sand sculpture inside the farm hall.  I know they haven't finished the sculpture yet, and I wonder how it looks like after it's finished.

 There were two horses here and they all stand in front of a fan.  I bet it must be really hot for them.

 Young calf, 3 months old or something.

Mini pony

 Can't believe this is a Chevy!  I thought at first this is a Isuzu...

 I was trying to shoot those midways, but this is what I get.....

 Different kinds of slush.

 Games booth.

 2 legendary food in This year's CNE:  1, fry coca-cola sticks; 2, donut burger (2000 calories).  Epic burger, selling only 4 items on the menu.

 Mom had this ordinary fish & chips.

 I had this mac & cheese burger.  Mac & cheese was kinda cold inside, they gave you hack lots of ground beef and cheese.  The taste was kinda boring, so I added some hot sauce to it, which those hot sauce tasted like armpit!  For $9, I was full to death and I couldn't finished it!!

 'Behemoth' - 4 slices of bread used here!!  They've put a slice of cheese between two breads and grill it, then added lettuce, tomato, a think hamburger in the middle.

'American Smashburger' - not sure what's so significant about this burger here...

 Honestly, the burger I had at my previous office's burger fest tasted hell lot better than this one.  Beef was thick, but the burger was sort of cold overall.  $7 for just this thing, not worth it!

 This burger was even worse...  Cheese between the bread was cold...overall the burger was cold.  Beef was thick and juicy but....it didn't taste good.  $9, I'd rather try something else...

This is part of the food court.  ....Last picture of the CNE before both my cameras ran out of battery...

No comments: