Tuesday, September 13, 2011

West Caribbean Cruise - Breakfast (Blog 2 of 11)

There are two types of breakfast you can enjoy on Freedom of The Seas.  One is in the main dining hall where you can order from the menu plus getting your favorites from a small self-serve section.  The other breakfast place is on the 11th floor call Windjammer, it's all you can eat (I call it 'eat 'til you puke') and the food selection is similar to the main dining, it's just more variety and you sit wherever you find a spot.

Breakfast offered at the main dining hall:
 Their breakfast menu is big but they have this same menu every single day... (Menu part A)

 Menu part B

 You can order whatever you like from the menu.  (Menu part C)

 This is their 3 levels main dining hall where I have my breakfast, lunch (opens only if the ship is at sea that day), and dinner.

 Server will come by with a pastry tray and you select your own pastry to start with.

 These pastries are yum and fresh!

 Once you've finished with your pastry, the server will come with more pastries for you to choose.

 I had this stewed prunes as part of my breakfast...I didn't know it served in 5 pieces...

 These are Kadota figs...served in 5 large pieces too!!  Gosh, I was already full eating just these fruits.  PS, these didn't taste good, I'd rather eat a plain fresh fig.

 Smoked salmon plate.

 Smoked salmon!!  Mmmmmm.....one of my favorite!!  =)  That piece of smoked salmon was huge, it only has a little bit of the smoky taste but it's good!  At least this is not what I eat everyday here in Toronto!

 My husband has ordered this hash-brown potato and egg breakfast thing.

 Sliced seasonal melon.

 Kippered herring - well, the fish was kinda bony and the potato was too raw, no good.

 I forgot what this is....it might be their breakfast of the day, but this thing didn't taste good...

 My husband had this regular egg, hash-brown and bacon thing.

 French-toast served with syrup.

 Breakfast of the day, smoked salmon egg Benedict.  This dish was extremely salty, especially the sauce...

One of the pastry that my husband had.

This is what I had, but it didn't taste good to me.  It has those kind of dried fruits (found mostly in Christmas cakes) that I don't like eating...

Here is the self-served juice bar in the middle of the dining hall where you can get your own juice.

Cereals and granola.

Assorted fruits.

More fruits but diced up nicely.

Hot food section.

Pastry section.

Cold cut and breads.

This is what I got:  cheese, fruits, ham and some fried corn beef.

My husband's breakfast from the self-served section.

Ham, smoked salmon, herb, mushroom omelet served with sausage and hash brown.  The omelet looks dry from the picture but it was moist and tasted very good!

Ordinary egg, hash brown and sausage breakfast that my husband has ordered from the menu.

You will see some cartoon characters showing up during breakfast hours on selected days.

Here are pictures taken from Windjammer, a breakfast buffet place.  We usually go up there after finished eating at the main dining room.


 Sausage, bacon, corn beef in massive quantity!!

 Cold cut section

 Pastry section.

 Another shot of these fatty food here.

 Scramble eggs and pan cakes.

 Drinks:  orange juice, apple juice, lemon tea, water, coffee, assorted tea...etc all you can drink!

 Tones of fruits too!

 French toast, hash-brown and omelet.

 Skimmed milk, 2% milk, chocolate milk, assorted yogurts!

 Assorted cereals and sauce here!

 Another shot of my favorite:  cold cuts.

 My favorite smoked salmon~~~  ^^

 And I got tones of them, eating these almost every single day!

 That black thing on the right is a piece of blood sausage, which didn't taste good to me and I only ate a tiny piece.


 My husband's plate.


 Surprise that they have miso soup there, my husband has added seaweed and mushroom to the soup.

This is the view I see everyday while eating breakfast at Windjammer!  =)

No comments: