Sunday, September 4, 2011

Sony Cyber-shot 8.1MP Camera Mode Testing

I really want to figure out how to do night shots, but I'm not that type of person who reads manuals.  So, the only thing I can do is test my camera mode one by one.  I have to take the pictures when there is still light in the sky, if it goes dark...my camera is doom!  These shots are taken at 16:9, the 'new' feature that I just discovered from my camera after using it for 5 years... 

 Sunset at 6:34pm.

 Sunset at 7:03pm.

 Sunset at 7:27pm.

 Sunset at 7:50pm.

 The sun is all gone at 8:14pm.

 Now I took my chance to shoot before the lights are all gone.  I've used the 'Auto' mode here.  Seems that everything is so far so good, lights weren't fuzzy at this point...

 Here I've used the 'Program' mode, which I don't know what the hack it is and I treated it at the auto mode.  That's basically look the same as the above picture.

 Wa.....this is the 'Manual' mode, which I never use this thing because I don't know how to set those 'Mset', 'F' (??) thing in my camera...

 This is the 'Twilight' mode, which the picture is a bit dark but does look 'twilight'...  There is a 'moon' symbol next to the word so I guess this is for taking night pictures?!!  But when I tried it somwhere else almost dark, this mode is not working...

 Here I've used the 'Twilight Portrait' mode, which I guess this mode is for taking picture of a portrait at night...turns out the result is okay, just a bit dark...

 Here is the 'Candle' mode, which again, the picture is a bit dark but acceptable.

 I've used the 'Soft Snap' mode here, which I don't know what this mode is for.  Coloring is a bit light, as if the photo has discolored.

Here is the 'Landscape' mode, which I think the overall picture is 'smoother' than the one above.

'Beach' mode, which I don't think this is a mode to take pictures at night, the lights are fuzzy...

Lights again are fuzzy when I use the 'Snow' mode here.

I've used the 'Fireworks' mode here, which the picture is so bright.  I guess this will nicer if I'm really taking picture of a firework.

No comments: