Saturday, September 10, 2011

Harbour Front, Toronto

There was a Taiwan fest held at the Harbourfront Centre some days ago and we were there for an hour or so.  The fest was kinda disappointed 'coz there weren't a lot of things to see or eat.  However, taking a walk at the harbour front was relaxing and this is like another downtown life style where you can't experience when you are living in up-town.  Finding a parking spot is an issue...but if you know where to park, you can park free at the harbour front!  =)


 A city within a park!!

 Center Island right across the lake here.

 Plants were growing underneath the water.

 Here is another shot of the plant, which I think it's pretty gross...

 CN Tower.

 Yacht club I guess.

 Here is the other side of the yacht club.

 Paws way, I found these signs outside this place...pretty cute.

 There is this giant cat right in front of this store.

 And this giant dog too!  We didn't get a chance to go into the store here...I wonder what they sell...


 The store has these signs at the other side of the wall.

 That's cute~


 Here are more of these signs at the other side of the store.

 This thing is fun to play with!

 Another part of the yacht club.

 People were feeding these ducks with bread.

 This sea gull didn't have a chance to get any food, so he just walked away.

 This geese thought that I have food for him!



 Different kind of churro.

 Entering the Taiwan fest, this is the first clothing store I see.

 .......one....

 .........two......

 ............three.....there were three of those dolls here dancing.

 Very nice handcraft.


 And this one too!

 ....Not too sure of what this picture is telling me...

 ....Maybe this is the Canadian Art and I have none of the art sense!

 This one is a picture displayed on the wall and I just took a picture of it.

 Same as this one.  This shows a typical scene in Taiwan.

 This is a place of where you can do some kayaking.  You can see the Ontario lake at the far end.

At the other side of this kayak place, you can see the Harbourfront Centre.

 I bet you the owner live on this boat.  I saw flowers at the pathway, a grill and that Kermit the frog on the boat!

 Lining up at this West Jet booth here, trying to play that scratch and save thing.

 West Jet destinations at a glance.

 I find these hot dog balloons pretty cute so I took a picture of them.

 Here is that 'wavy bridge' at another angle.

 These two loons has been standing here for ages!

 Poor dog waiting for his master to finish lunch!

 I was actually trying to shoot the shadow from the water, but I guess the water wasn't calm so I couldn't get that effect...

 Looking at part of the Taiwan fest from a little suspension bridge.

 I'm surprise to see this Chinese sculpture here in Downtown Toronto.

 Marine police station.

Here is a closer shot at those boats.

 A place where you can do kayaking.

 Those kayaks are very colorful.

 A very nice bench where you can sit and look at the water view.

 Ducks resting at the other side of the road near a pond.

 I think this is a court house.  We passed by on our way home.

 The Real Jerk, I guess this must be a restaurant??  It's located somewhere at the east side of the city.

1 comment:

  1. Re: second last picture

    Yeah, that's Old City Hall court house. If you ever need to fight a Toronto traffic ticket, that's the spot.

    ReplyDelete