Saturday, July 16, 2011

Night It Up - Night Market, Markham 2011

Night It Up Asian night market is located at Warden Ave. and Highway 7 East just besides Markham City Hall.  Event just starting today and it is going last for two days only.  I went there at around 7pm and it was extremely crowded.  To buy food from any food vendor takes 15 mins minimum to line up, and some might even take up to half an hour just to line up.  I find most food vendors sell similar things in both Taste of Asia and Taste of Lawrence event.  Some might have even participated in those event previously.  

Event started at 6pm and it was already very crowded at around 7:30pm.

It's more crowded as I was getting closer to the event center.  I was thinking at one point, how were I supposed to take pictures here like this...

I started from the furthest aisle down from where I arrived, and the first food vendor I encountered was this one that sells lamb skewer.

Oyster omelet, something I don't eat...

Another sort of omelet, which I don't know what this is.

This food vendor is selling oyster omelet.

This one is selling stinky tofu.

Deep frying stinky tofu.

Lamb skewer, yum!

Tako ball, something I don't really like either...

Grilled octopus tentacle.

Grilled corn.  I'm surprise they grill it with the leafs off!

Another tako ball vendor.

I'm not too sure what these are....look like small little piggy banks.  Looks cute!

A vendor selling Korean products.

'The Stage'.

Red flag deals has their own booth too!

A closer shot of those people on the stage.  Recognize any?  I think some of them are town mayors or city councilors but I can't recognize anyone there.

Guess what these are?!  Electric fans!!  Fancy ones!!

Out fashion cell phone straps...I feel I'm in Hong Kong again...

I wish I know the 'theme' of their food...you know what I mean?!

I took a picture of this just to show how shocking it is to see such a full trash can filled within a short period of time, and this is only a tip of a mountain!

Deep fried chicken wing, doesn't look that delicious though.

Miniature desserts.

Pan fried egg in Japanese style.

Over cooked oyster omelet.

This looks more like a chicken skewer booth.

Kind of odd but it seems that they've soaked the skewers into that red hot chili sauce.

Some sort of Taiwanese sweeten bean dessert I guess, should be added on top of a bowl of ice-cream, tofu dessert I guess?!

Another vendor selling oyster omelet.

Here is a closer shot.

Pineapple drink.

Oh gosh, why grill only a few chicken wings on such big rack?!

Not sure what these things are, but for sure it's freshly made.

Watermelon drink.

Another vendor selling oyster omelet.

I don't eat this, anything with oyster. But there should be no lettuce in it, right?!

This booth is selling Korean food....

...What the hack...I wouldn't want to eat this...

...and this either...

See, they put those 'sweet bean' paste in those jars, and if an order comes in, they scoop those beans and put them on the tofu.  This should taste good!

Finished product, I took a quick shot of it before this lady hand it to her customer. =)

Macbook decals.

Poor betta fish, kept in these plastic containers waiting for someone to buy them...

This is more sad, fish kept in a plastic bag for don't know how long...I feel like I'm in Hong Kong again...there is a place in Hong Kong which sells fish in plastic bag...

Poor turtle kept in a container which the sunlight directly beams on it...and the tank is hanging in the air too!!

Fake extended eye lashes...

These people are trying to catch the goldfish (in a pool) by using a thin-layer paper ring.  I'd rather pay 17 cents to get these feeders from Big Al's.

Most people pay $5 to get 3 nets I guess...

Looks like Korean food to me...

Mini waffles...honestly, I wouldn't want to eat this either...

Skewer land....

A closer shot of their grills.

Lemonade and watermelon juice.

Grill chicken in spicy tofu paste sauce?!

Grilled chicken in wine ?? and red tofu paste sauce.

Poutine?

Another skewer vendor.

Only 1 skewer of grill octopus ball left?  These must sell fast.

I always find these chips very fancy.  =)

Another vendor that sell those 'fancy chips'.

Burnt balls!!  Oh gosh!!  This vendor tried to select the nice ones and sell them.  @@

I see these famous Malaysian sneak here again!

Another picture of this pineapple drink, cost $5 or $6 I guess.

Grilled oyster.

Grilled scallop - pretty hard for me to shoot these 2 pics...

Rolled up rice noodle with mixed sauce added on top.

I don't know what this is, but it doesn't look tasty...

This place is packed!!

This is how a corn vendor grill their corn, and on the table are the powder that the customer can sprinkle on their corn.

The sun was setting but it's getting crowded at the event center.

This looks icy, delicious and pretty.  There was a huge line up at this booth here, if you wanna get this stuff, you'll probably need to wait for over 20 mins!

Grilled ribs and red sausage!  Yum!

Dessert!  That's all I know...and it's Taiwanese stuff!

My husband said this egg picture looks delicious, so I just took a picture of it.

This vendor is selling grilled Korean rice cake.  Honestly, if they are selling it like this, I wouldn't want to eat it for sure...

Hong Kong style beef balls cooked in curry sauce.

This one is the curry fish ball in curry sauce.

I was actually focusing on taking picture of the pineapple juice at first, but since this nice lady posted for me, I took a picture of her as well.  =)

....weird skewers cooked in spicy sauce....that's all I can say...

Deep fried stinky tofu.  This is how a finished product should displayed.

Yummy deep fried stinky tofu.

Deep fried stinky tofu vendor again.

Bubble tea booth - you will find one near by.

Cotton candy.

Guess what this is!!  Oyster opening tools!!  When you see this, you know Diana Seafood is around the corner!  =)

Here are their freshly opened oysters.

Working hard huh!

More staff opening oysters at the back of the booth.

Mobile washrooms everywhere.

Circa condo built by Tridel, one of the well-known builder in Canada.  Penthouse units cost over $1.2 mil!  Geez!

St. John ambulance stand by, just in case if anything bad happened.

Another booth selling stinky tofu.  I took this picture from the back of the booth.

You can wash your hands from this 'thing' here.

It's getting dark when I leave but this place was still very crowded and packed.

Poor dog looking at her master eating...

Leaving this place finally.

I passed by Smucker's on my way home and I took a picture of their sign.

The strawberry is so cute because it's very 3D!!

When I got home, the sun has set.  This is a shot from my balcony viewing the west.

An this is the east view from my balcony.

1 comment:

  1. Wow what an extensive blog post. You have some great pictures. I went at night and didn't take that many good pictures (Good Food Good Life). I had that snow cone too. It was SO DELISH, and I didn't have to line up for it. I think Saturday during the day was definitely better. It looked less crowded than Friday night.

    Anyway enjoyed your post :)

    ReplyDelete