Thursday, July 14, 2011

Dahlia 绒球大麗菊

This post is mostly about Dahlia 绒球大麗菊. I went to a nursery at Kennedy Ave. several days ago and saw that they've imported some Dahlia.  I usually see this type of Dahlia in exhibitions only and this is the first time I see it in a nursery garden, those 'ball' ones.  I'm surprise to find out that this plant can grow above 1.5m high!

 A disappearing farmland.  Massive city development has forced farmers to sell their farmlands to build more residential houses.

This is a fig plant.  I'm surprise it started to grow fruits in just a small plant.  I wish Mom can grow figs at her garden too...  =)

I don't know what kind of flower this is but it looks nice.

Dahlia, surprise that I don't need to bend down my knee to take a picture of this flower.  The stem itself is very tall already.

I don't know the proper name of this type of Dahlia.  Infact, I'm not even sure if it's a Dahlia.  I call this a 'ball' type Dahlia 'coz it looks different from the yellow one above.

Surprise to know that the petal is pretty hard!  This is another shot of the flower.

Some Dahlias has a very beautiful bi-colors.  The outer part of the petal is white in color while the inner part is sort of Burgundy pink in color.

......I can't walk further in at the nursery where they've placed these Dhalia 'coz the aisle was extremely narrow...thus I kept taking picture of this flower here...

Another type of Dhalia I assume?!  A spiky one.

I don't like this one 'coz it looks like there are a lot of spikes sticking out...

This flower here is huge and it was placed next to the Dhalia, so I thought they belong to the same family?!

A closer shot of the spiky.

This is another Dahlia but the petals are not as packed as the other one.


Taking pictures of some farmlands here before they disappear.

Looking at the color of the greens, I bet you they must be growing cabbages or broccolis.

No comments: