Sunday, October 9, 2011

Buffet City, St. Cloud

Buffet City is located at St. Cloud, Florida.  I will consider this as a Chinese buffet place because most of the food they served are Chinese food (although they've advertised serving American food on their website).  We went to this place after the airboat ride and I swear this is the worse ever Chinese buffet place I've visited!!  I guess food are delicious to locals but definitely not me!!  There are quite a lot of items but honestly, nothing I will really pick and eat...  Overall food were terrible but luckily this is the last Chinese meal I have in Florida!!  www.mybuffetcity.com

 Buffet City....local said the food was great but I said the food was gross!

 ....I'm back into the 70's!!

 There are quite a lot of buffet bars here

 Salad section

 Salad and cold dish

 More salad and cold dishes

 Fruits

 Hot dish...  PS, those chicken wings were better than nothing...

 More hot dishes

 Hot dishes again

 Fried stuff

 Sushi

 Raw stuff for hibachi

 The chef has added more sushi here

 A closer shot of the delicious looking sushi

 A hibachi chef.  Honestly, I would have dressed better since I have to face my customers...

 Dessert

 Ice-cream, which tasted not bad actually

 ...Chicken skewer (in red) was a bit cold and dry.  Sausage puff was not puffy at all and it was cold...  Stuffed mushroom = mushy & gross!!  That thing placing on the oyster shell has no oyster at all...don't know what that is...

 That spring roll type of thing was not bad among all the food here.  It beef slices wrapped with rice paper.  Well, it was a bit salty but at least its fresh 'coz it just came out!  Salmon was hard like a rock.  That dumpling there was a joke!  The skin was awfully thick!!  The yellow thing on the left was an egg custard, and you can actually eat that 'wrap' (I thought it was paper at first).  ...Gosh, that egg custard thing was cold and hard like a rock!!  That wrap was supposed to be crunchy but since it's been sitting there for too long, it was all chewy and soft!!  One word:  Terrible!!!!

 Nothing much suits me, I kept eating that beef spring roll.  I've tried the hibachi which was not bad 'coz I added my own ingredient and seasonings, but I would prefer the chef to put some more time on the pork 'coz it looks so pale!!  That thing on the right corner was a shrimp wrapped with minced pork or something.  It was very mushy and didn't taste good!!  Gross!!

 I was having fun with my hibachi and my husband was mixing his own plate too!

 Fried noodle was hard and cold, chewy and tasteless...  Sushi was extremely salty...  I can't believe they've put diced fruits (mixed with salad dressing) on top of the sushi rice and garnished it with flying fish roe!!  Chicken wing was barely warmed...soaked with oil...  Nasty!

 This is my husband's plate, I didn't eat nothing here...

 Okay...chicken:  hard, dry and chewy!!  Gees...at least marinate it with something first!!  I've asked the chef to stir fry me a vermicelli which I know it's hard to get it done nicely 'coz the vermicelli will stick to the frying pan easily...  Sigh...this smart chef fried everything together!!  Raw chicken and cooked stuff...  I'd rather cook it myself if I can use the frying pan!!

 My husband's 2nd hibachi plate.

 Dessert: Cream puff, you know it's not fresh after taking your first bite...  Canned peach slice always taste good, no doubt.  Tapioca pudding, I don't really like that vanilla flavor...  Muffin, extremely dry.  Chocolate cookie:  very soggy and chewy, not fresh obviously!  Marshmallow mixed with diced fruit and fresh cream:  THAT'S AWFULLY DISGUSTING!!

No comments: