Tuesday, May 17, 2011

St. Jacob Farmers Market - I'm back again!

I've been to St. Jacob Farmers Market for several times and each time I go there, there are always new and interesting things to discover.  Too bad this time when I go there the weather was bad!  Raining & cold but yet I still enjoyed my day!  =)

 So rainy and foggy on the highway...

 But we've arrived safe at the farmer's market.  Bread section, only a tip of an iceberg!

 Focaccia bread, looks delicious!

 More bread!  Wa.......

Birdhouse gourds.  I have several of these at home too, but they have no holes on it.


 Part of the farmer's market.

 My first time seeing these garden decoration.  They're so cute.



 Canadian geese!  Hahaha!!



 Back to the bread section, this bread looks good!!



 Veggie/fruit section - right opposite to the bread section.

 Herb-land.


 $4 per basket, that's a little rip off...











 Fiddlehead fern (and fresh figs).  I have never taste fiddlehead fern before but I've heard that you need to cook them well first before eating.

  Just testing my camera here!  Ha




haha!!


 Wa.....
 I don't know what these things are but they look delicious and from the Mediterranean area.  Every time I see it, I wanna try it!!



 Indoor food court, always packed!!


 Indoor market, you can see how crowded it is!



 'Melavi wraps'!!

 Smoked dog treat!!



  Second floor of the indoor market.



 There are some pictures you just can't shoot it when you are on the ground, like this candy store one.


 And this one too: pie-land!!

 Another shot form the second floor.

 Spice-land!



 Most of the females in St. Jacob wear their own traditional costumes like the one in the picture above.


 Stuffed ribs - I have to walk around and waited for a very long time in front of this booth to get this shot.  There are always customers buying from this butcher shop, packed and crazy!

 After visiting St. Jacob's farmers market, we went to the downtown district.  This is a store that manufacture  brooms and they also have these cut little woodcraft for sale.





 'Fresh brooms' - I stuck my camera lens inside the fence to get these pictures.

 Wizard brooms!






On my way back home...I got nothing to do and I was playing with my camera, taking pictures of whoever drove pass our vehicle!  LOL!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, sis

    Pic 25's sausage looks like "Dr.Slump"'s pink thing, you know what I mean?

    ReplyDelete