Thursday, December 22, 2011

Black Sesame Bread (Dough Starter) 黑芝麻麵包(天然酵頭)

I made my own dough starter using grapes a week ago, and now my starter is sort of fermented, so I decided to try using it to make my first starter bun.  Grabbing a bread recipe randomly from a Jap site, I've mixed 200g all-purpose flour; 80g dough starter; 10g sugar; 4g salt, 1 pack of instant sesame drink powder (not in original recipe), 1/4 tsp instant yeast (I cheated, just in case if my starter didn't work), adequate water (I didn't measure) together to form a dough.  Well, the bread didn't turn out too bad except it's a bit too dry.  Also, I should have used bread flour instead of all-purpose flour...

Mixing everything together according to the recipe except I've added my own sesame drink powder and a little dry yeast.

Looks like a marble!  LOL!

Here is a closer shot at my dough.  It smells nice with the sesame powder.  =)

Dough looks like this after 3 hours, and I've poked it with my finger to see if it's 'done' or not...

Here is a closer shot.

I've flattened the dough, rolled it up and divided it into 6 portions...  I've even sprayed the dough with water so that it won't get too dry...  Geez...what am I doing here...@@

I was trying to create my own 排包...

2 hours later it has become like this!

At least it proves that my dough starter is working!  HAHAHHAHAHA!!!  Or the instant yeast...  Time to dump it into the oven!  =)

Looks like it's not really rising although I've put the container on the preheated baking stone...

30 minutes later - done!!

At least it's not a flat bread this time!  HAHHAHAHAHAH!!!!

Here is what it looks like inside.

Here is a closer shot, doesn't look like it has the 'bread' texture...

It was a bit dry, tasted very similar to what the sesame powder drink tastes like, not enough sweetness, didn't taste any 'dough starter' at all (I'm surprised!).

I ate it with salmon flavor cream cheese!  Mmmmmm.....

No comments: