Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Toogood Pond Park, Markham

Toogood Pond is located just a few minutes drive North of Hwy 7 East and Main St.  This is a very good place for jogging.  I was there at around 8:30am a couple of days ago 'coz my husband was early for his dental appointment.  Air was fresh, weather was nice, the pond was peaceful and there were several Canadian Geese resting near by.  =)

 Toogood pond is not very big as you can see, but it's a very nice pond.  This shot is facing east.

 Common cattails growing at the edge of the pond.

 These two shots are facing west.

 No feeding at the pond!

 Sleeping?!  No no no!  She is cleaning her feathers.

 I guess they have a habit of cleaning and smoothing their feathers in the morning.


 I was standing pretty close to them and usually when human is nearly by, they would be long gone....but I guess they were just too busy cleaning up so they just let me came close.

 I'm surprise to see a duck near by!!  Looks cute huh!

 2 nosy buddy came up thinking that I have food in my hand!

 Dang!  This duck was looking at me but it just looked away when I was about to press my camera button!


 They've already cleaned themselves for a long time...don't know when they're gonna stop.


  These fellows were swimming towards me...must be thinking that I have food for them...

 A closer shot of these birds.

 I like ducks more than geese, so I won't miss any chance taking pictures of them.  =)

 They like standing with just one leg...

Funny but they usually grab the fat from their butt and 'spread' it on their feathers just to make them waterproof.

 Must still be too early for this duck to do anything.  He decided to take a nap!


 I just took several snap shots on my way heading back to Hwy 7 'coz my husband was in a hurry going to the dentist.

 It's a nice place to spend a short afternoon here.

No comments: