Saturday, August 27, 2011

Aug 26 (Friday) - Last Day of Work

After working in this company for 7 years, yesterday was my last day.  My boss is an Italian and he is a very nice guy, I really enjoyed working with him.  Yet, with all downfalls in the company, he wanted me to work between 12pm-8pm, taking full charge of the reception position in addition to the other two positions that I'm already handling, with no wage increase!!  Neh!!  Not gonna accomplish this and I leave!  In return, he needs to get 3 people to do my job: his wife, his brother in law, and a new receptionist to be hired!!

Last working day, I was training his brother in law to do bank reconciliation since he said he wanted more practise.  Just a general account that he was doing (approx. 4 pgs bank statement), takes him 5.5 hours!!  No joke!! And mind you, my company has 3 accounts in total to be reconciled!!  Anyway...what past is past. 

 The wife (which is a nice Italian lady, but hard to train) asked me where I wanna go eat on my last day, I said I'd prefer ordering some sushi/sashimi party trays and eat in the office 'coz the receptionist loves eating Jap food too...  But it turned out the boss brought me out for lunch together with his wife and his brother in law (I hate him!  He absorbs nothing that I've taught him!) at Miyabi, a very nice restaurant located in the plaza at Hwy 7 E./West Beaver Creek Rd.  Operated by Japanese, their food quality was guaranteed!  I had this sashimi bento box.  Which as you can see, only 12 pieces of sashimi served.  It comes with some salad, 3 pieces of California roll, some picked veggie and a soup...

 Here is a closer shot of the sashimi.  Honestly, I was still starved after finished everything here...  Tuna was good, it was fresh and chunky, same for the octopus chunk.  Salmon was sliced too thin, and that hamachi or red snapper piece was thinly sliced too!!  1 piece of surf clam...which unlike the  surf clam served in other AYCE places, this piece of surf clam was soft and tender!!  Mackerel, well it displayed nicely but it didn't taste as good as the one I had in other place.  I was lucky at least I got a chance to snap a shot of the picture!  =)

 My boss said he once told Miyabi to serve him dessert other than green tea ice-cream, so they specially made this egg pudding for him.  He likes it so much and he started to order this dessert everytime he visited this place and Miyabi decided to add this item to their menu.  Well....I've tried this specialty....it's just toooooo sweet!!!  It tasted pretty ordinary to me except the pudding was richer in flavor, but at the same time the syrup was extremely sweet too...  Maybe that's the Italian style?  They like really sweet stuff?!

We spent a good 1.5 hours in the restaurant eating and chatting, and afterwards he drove us all back to the office.  The car here is not his car, this is just a courtesy car (his wife had a car accident and the car is in the body shop).  But what I'm trying to show here is his typical way of parking...yes!!  You see it!!  The car is not align to the parking spot and he parked right in the middle!!  LOL!!  His wife parks just a little better than him that's it, Italian style I guess...  Well, I'm done with this company!!  And I can start my life with a new page!  =)

No comments: