Saturday, April 30, 2011

April 29 (Friday) - Dinner at Fancy Cuisine 利嘉盛

Dear Uncle Hong,

Uncle Hong, this post is specially dedicated to you~~  ^^

I was really happy to have dinner with your mom last night.  We went to 利嘉盛 and ordered 四和菜! We ordered a steam 青班, 苦瓜白飯魚煎蛋, something like a 清遠雞 and 魚湯紀子浸白菜苗.  It's such a pity that you were not here, if not I'm sure you would be enjoyed as much as I did!!

We didn't wait long and the soup came. It was the 豬骨煲粉葛 and it tasted really good!!  The flavor was there and honestly, I didn't drink such kind of good soup for a looong time!!  The only complain part was that the 粉葛 was 太老,有渣 and 鞋口.


The food came really fast, I was still in my first bowl of soup and the first dish 清遠雞 came with the 薑蔥茸.  Looks good huh!  It would be nice if they can up size the serving portion to 1/3 more!  HAAHHA!!

魚湯紀子浸白菜苗 came next.  The 魚湯 was really flavoured and the 紀子 was really sweet!  I never thought the 紀子 can be that sweet!!  You can actually drink the 魚湯 or use it to 送飯.  The 白菜苗 itself however, was nothing really special.

Next came the 苦瓜白飯魚煎蛋.  They didn't use a lot of 苦瓜 in this dish, so I didn't really taste a lot of 苦瓜. The 白飯魚 mixed with the egg was awesome though.  It came with a small dish of fish sauce as a dipping sauce. Not bad not bad.

Then the 蒸青班 came.  The waiter boned-out the 青班 for us, which I know there aren't a lot of restaurant do that nowadays.  The 青班 was very 彈牙 and you can taste the freshness of the fish.  Steaming time was just perfect.  The only drawback of this dish is that the fish has a little bit of the 泥味.  (PS, didn't have a chance to take the 正面 of the fish.)

Last but not least - dessert.  The waitress gave me 3 dessert choices to choose from at first: 豆腐花,紅豆沙 and 渣渣.  I asked if they could do 紅白 and they said yes, then the waitress went into the kitchen and came out, telling me the 豆腐花師父 is not yet in... So they don't have 豆腐花 at that point, so I chose 紅豆沙 at last.  Their 紅豆沙 has a really strong 陳皮味 which is really good.

We went to your home to check out your car after dinner, just wanted to make sure your car can start and run smoothly.


It's Spring now although the weather is still a bit chill.  Flower near your house started to bloom.

We started your car and did several test runs around your neighbourhood.  Guess what!  There were whole bunch of earth worms hide under your wheel!!  Here is a big fat one, wa........!!

Another 'not really big' one hiding underneath your rear right wheel, and you know what, we've actually smashed several worms while driving out from your driveway.


See that sneaky fellow trying to hide underneath the crack:

I hope you enjoy the pictures here~~  =)

Cheers,

Sis

1 comment:

  1. Thanks~! I really enjoy the photos. Hope I can see yo guys again pretty soon~!

    Uncle Hong

    ReplyDelete